A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
Select a virtual machine from Inventory to have it restored, quick backed up, added to a backup job…
Time to complete: a few seconds
- Veeam Backup and Replication server.
- vSphere infrastructure, Hyper-V infrastructure, Nutanix AHV infrastructure or Red Hat RHV infrastructure must have been added to the backup infrastructure and properly configured.
Before you start:
Knowing the location in the infrastructure for the VM you intend to select will shorten the search time from the inventory.
The VM you want to work with exists in production inventory.
- Open the Veeam Backup and Replication console.
- In the lower left pane, select Inventory, then in the upper left pane select wether VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, Nutanix AHV or RedHat RHV
- If you know more precisely where your VM is registered, you can drill down to the datacenter, cluster, or any container you wish.
- In the Search Box ontop of the right pane, enter the name (or part of it) of the VM you wish to work with.
- A list of corresponding VMs is displayed where you can select the one you want.
Links to Resources: