A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
CDP I/O filters installed in each cluster where the VMs that you plan to protect reside and where VM replicas will reside.
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- VMware vSphere edition must be VMware vSphere Standard Edition or higher. Minimum ESXi version required is 6.5 U2.
- vCenter Server is required. Standalone ESXi hosts are not supported.
- Backup server, VMware CDP proxies, vCenter Server and ESXi hosts must be able to resolve each other DNS names.
- All hosts in a cluster must be of the same major version: 7.x or 6.x.
- The target cluster must support hardware versions of VMs on the source cluster (VMs that you plan to protect)
Before you start:
CDP I/O filters will be automatically deployed by Veeam into the selected vSphere cluster.
It’s assumed that you already have a Veeam Backup Server fully working in your environment. If you need to install Veeam Backup Server, please refer to “Installing Veeam Backup & Replication All-In-One Base system” recipe.
- Open the Veeam Backup & Replication Console.
- Open the Backup Infrastructure view. In the inventory pane, navigate to the Managed Servers > VMware vSphere > vCenter Servers >
node and right-click it. Select Manage I/O filters.
- At the Clusters step of the wizard, select check boxes near clusters on which you want to install I/O filter. If you select check boxes near clusters where the filters are already installed, Veeam Backup & Replication will update the filters. If you clear check boxes, Veeam Backup & Replication will delete the I/O filter from these clusters. Click in Next.
- At the Apply step of the wizard, wait till Veeam Backup & Replication installs I/O filter. Click Next.
- At the Summary step of the wizard, review on which clusters I/O filter is installed and click Finish to exit the wizard
Links to Resources: