A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
Restore a file or directory back to an Agent backed up system using the VBR console.
Time to complete: 15-30 minutes
- A backup of a system using the Veeam Agent for Windows or Linux using “Entire system” or “Volume level backup”
It is assumed that you already have a Veeam Backup Server fully working in your environment. If you need to install Veeam Backup Server, please refer to “Installing Veeam Backup & Replication All-In-One Base system” recipe.
Before you start
Note that you cannot restore a system volume to the original or another computer running the OS. See the bare metal restore recipe.
- Open the Veeam Backup & Replication Console
- Open the Backup Home View
- Select Backups > system that requires recovery
- Either select “volume restore” from top ribbon or right-click backup and select the same
- Follow the steps in the Wizard including selecting “Secure Restore” if an anti-virus scan is required
Links to Resources: