The Veeam Cookbook Series
A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
Recipe: Agent Volume restore
Restore a volume back to an Agent backed up system via the Recovery Media
Time to complete: 15-30 minutes
- A backup of a system using the Veeam Agent for Windows or Linux using “Entire system” or “Volume level backup”
It is assumed that you already have a Veeam Backup Server fully working in your environment. If you need to install Veeam Backup Server, please refer to “Installing Veeam Backup & Replication All-In-One Base system” recipe.
It also assumes you have created Recovery media, if not please see the bare metal restore recipe.
Before you start
Note that you cannot restore a system volume to the original or another computer running the OS. See the bare metal restore recipe.
- Boot system using recovery media
- Select Bare Metal Recovery
- Follow the wizard to the “Restore Mode” section and select “System volumes only”
- Follow the wizard to map the volume to the new location
Links to Resources: