The Veeam Cookbook Series
A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
Recipe: Bare Metal Restore of a Server
Restore entire computer
Time to complete: 15-30 minutes
- A backup of a system using the Veeam Agent for Windows or Linux
Before you start:
A USB or SD card connected to the server running as the Veeam Console. If that is not possible then an ISO can be saved and a bootable USB/SD can be created via 3rd party tools.
It is assumed that you already have a Veeam Backup Server fully working in your environment. If you need to install Veeam Backup Server, please refer to “Installing Veeam Backup & Replication All-In-One Base system” recipe.
- Open the Veeam Backup & Replication Console.
- Open the Backup Inventory View
- Go to Physical Infrastructure in the Inventory Panel and select Protection Group
- Ensure recovery media is present on the VBR server/console if required
- Select system to restore, either click “Recovery Media” in top ribbon or right click on system > Agent > Create Recovery Media.
- Follow wizard selecting either USB/SD or ISO as export option.
- Boot system that requires recovery via the USB/SD or ISO image.
- Select “Bare Metal Recovery”
- Follow the steps in the Wizard
Links to Resources: