Recipe: Restore and Recovery Oracle Databse with Veeam Explorer for Oracle RMAN to Microsoft Azure
Restore and Recovery Oracle Database.
Time to complete: 10 minutes
Ingredients: The account with Oracle SYSDBA access.
The administrator or root account
Configured Veeam Plugin for Oracle RMAN.
Azure VM with Oracle Database
Before you start: User account with SysDBA permissions.
User with OS administrator permission.
Veeam Plugin for Oracle RMAN installed and configured.
- Go to portal.azure.com
- Create Azure VM with Oracle Database.
- Install Veeam Plugin for Oracle RMAN.
- Open an RMAN backup, as described in Exploring RMAN Backups.
- In the navigation pane, select a database.
- On the Database tab, select Restore Database > Restore or right-click a database and select Restore
- Select Recovery type as “Recover Database to Specify Point in Time as shown in figure
- Specify the server, enter the servername or ip address of Azure VM to perform the database restore along with username and password to access the server.
- Specify Oracle Setting, you can perform the restore with the original name and settings or restore the database with different name and settings
- Specify point in time – You can select the option to restore the database to latest available backup or specify the SCN (System Change Number) or Sequence as restore point
- Specify Datafiles location – You can specify the new location for datafiles
- Configure channel allocation – you can use default setting or allocate the number of channels for the restore.
- Click Restore