A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
A new policy to create cloud-native snapshots of Azure VMs.
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- Azure Account in Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure for the subscription where to protect VMs.
Before you start: Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure does not install agent software inside instances to retrieve data. To back up resource data, Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure uses native Microsoft Azure capabilities. During every backup session, Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure creates a cloud-native snapshot for an Azure VM.
Assumptions: A working setup of Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure.
- Open the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure webinterface.
- Open Policies from the left side of the Management menu and select the focus on Virtual Machines. Click on Add.
- Enter the name and description of the policy and click Next
- Select the Source Azure account with Select Azure Active Directory and choose the regions in which to protect VMs.
- Once at least one region is selected, click on Select resources to protect.
- Select Virtual Machines as ressource type, select the desired VM name and click Protect. Repeat this for every VMs to protect and then click Apply. Click Next.
- Leave Application processing and Guest scripting off and click Next twice.
- Switch on the retentions you need and click Next.
- Review the estimated costs and click Next twice.
- Review the summary and click Finish.
Links to Resources: