A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
Extending the time for which you want to keep retrieved data from Archive Repository available for restore operations.
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- Access to Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure appliance using a browser.
- A Backup Policy with backup archiving enabled.
- At least one restore point in a repository using Archive Tier.
- Data already retrieved from Archive.
Before you start:
Make sure the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure appliance is up and running and accessible from your network.
You have at least one Policy with Archive option enabled and you have run the “Data Retrieval” wizard to retrieve data from Archive.
- Navigate to Protected Data and select the tab for the proper resource type, either Virtual Machine or Azure SQL.
- Select the object for which you want to extend availability of the retrieved data, for instance a specific Virtual Machine.
- Click “Extend Availability”.
- In the “Extend Data Availability Period” window, specify the number of days for which you want to keep the data available for restore operations, and click Extend.
Links to Resources: