A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
Data retrieved from Archive Repository to make it accessible for restore operations.
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- Access to Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure appliance using a browser.
- A Backup Policy with backup archiving enabled.
- At least one restore point in a repository using Archive Tier
Before you start:
Make sure the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure appliance is up and running and accessible from your network.
You have an existing Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure deployment, and at least one Policy with Archive option enabled.
- Navigate to Protected Data and select the tab for the proper resource type, either Virtual Machine or Azure SQL.
- Select the object you want to retrieve from Archive, for instance a specific Virtual Machine.
- Click the link in the Restore Points column
- In the “Available Restore Points” window, select a restore point that contains archived data you want to retrieve, and click “Retrieve Backup”. The “Data Retrieval” wizard will open
- At the Data Retrieval step of the wizard:
- Select the retrieval option that Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure will use to retrieve the data, either “Standard Priority” (default, retrieved data will be available withing 15 hours) or “High Priority” (faster, but more expensive).
- In the Availability period section, specify the number of days for which you want to keep the data available for restore operations.
- If you want to receive an email notification when data availability period is about to expire, select the “Send notification email” check box, and specify the number of hours before the expiration time when the notification must be sent.
- At the Summary step of the Data Retrieval wizard, review configuration information and click Finish.
Links to Resources: