A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
The VM recovered at the time of backup state.
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- an Azure VM cloud-native snapshot or image-level backup
Before you start:
You can restore one or more Azure VMs at once, to the original or to a new location.
You have an existing Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure deployment and backups of one or more Azure VMs.
- Open the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure webinterface.
- On the left menu click Protected Data and stay on the Virtual Machines tab.
- Check the VM(s) that you want to recover, click Restore on the top and select VM Restore.
- In Virtual Machines you can Add or Remove VMs to process, and click Restore Point to select a specific restore point.
- In Account click Select Account and specify the Azure account to use for the restore operation, then click Apply.
- In Restore Mode, choose whether you want to restore the VM on the original location or to a new one. The Restore to a new location, or with different settings requires to specify the Subscription and the Region.
- The Data retrieval section will be available only if restore from an archived restore point was selected. You can choose to retrieve data with Standard priority or High priority, and that will affect restore times and costs.
- The Settings section will be available only if restore to new location was selected. Here you can review and change the VMs parameters, like the name, size, resource group, and availability type and zone.
- The Disk section will be available only if restore to new location was selected. Here you can rename the virtual disks for the selected VMs.
- The Network section will be available only if restore to new location was selected. Here you can specify the Virtual network, subnet and Security group for the selected VMs.
- In the Reason section, specify a reason for performing the restore operation. Proceed to review the restore information, check the box if you want to power on immediately the recovered VMs and confirm by clicking Restore.
Links to Resources: