A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
Checking for and installing updates for Veeam Backup for Azure appliance.
Time to complete: 15 minutes
- The appliance IP address provided by Microsoft Azure.
- Access to Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure appliance using a browser.
Before you start:
The updater may require you to read and accept the Veeam license agreement and the 3rd party components license agreement. If you reject the agreements, you will not be able to continue installation.
You have an existing Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure deployment.
- Open the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure console using a browser (HTTPS).
- Switch to the Configuration page and Navigate to Support Information > Updates.
- Click Check and View Updates. If new updates are available, Veeam will display them on the Updates tab of the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure Updater page
- In the “Updates are available for this system” section, select check boxes next to the necessary updates.
- In the “Choose action” section, select the “Install updates now” option, select the “Reboot automatically after install if required” check box to allow Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure to reboot the backup appliance if needed, and then click “Install Updates Now”.
- Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure will download and install the updates; the results of the installation process will be displayed on the History tab. Keep in mind that it may take several minutes for the installation process to complete.
Links to Resources: