The Veeam Cookbook Series
A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
Recipe: Adding Worker Configuration
A new Worker to backup and restore Azure VMs and Azure SQL Databases in a specific región.
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- Access to Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure appliance using a browser
- An user account for the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure appliance
- A virtual network, subnet and a security group to which the worker instances must be connected
Before you start: Each worker can process data of only one Azure VM or SQL database at a time. You can add multiple workers to optimize infrastructure costs and ensure better performance of the backup and restore processes.
Assumptions: You have an existing Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure deployment .
- Open the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure web interface.
- Click the Configuration button on the top right of the screen.
- Navigate to Workers > Configuration and Click in Add.
- At the VM Configuration step of the wizard, select a region where new worker instances will operate.
- Choose the size of VMs that will operate as worker instances.
- In the Min field, specify the number of workers that Veeam must deploy after you create a new worker configuration (Recommended zero)
- In the Max field, specify the maximum number of workers that Veeam can deploy and use simultaneously during a backup or restore operation
- At the Network Settings step of the wizard
- Select a network and subnet to which you want to connect the new worker instances.
- Select a security group that will be associated with the specified subnet
- Choose whether you want Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure to assign public IP addresses to workers used for file-level recovery operations.
- At the Summary step of the wizard, review summary information and click Finish
Links to Resources: