A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
A manually created Azure VM Snapshot, managed outside the backup policy.
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- An Azure VM
Before you start:
A manually created snapshot is kept in your Microsoft Azure environment unless you remove it manually.
You have an existing Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure deployment.
- Open the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure webinterface.
- On the left menu click Resources and stay on the Virtual Machines screen
- Select the checkbox next to the VM and click Take Snapshot Now.
- The Wizard will open. Select the account to use to take the snapshot, then click Next.
- If required, tags can be copied from the source volume or custom tags can be defined by clicking Tags from source volumes will not be copied and custom tags will not be applied, opening a side window with the options. Click Next when finished.
- Review the configuration information, select the Go to session log after finish option to track the progress of snapshot creation and confirm by clicking Finish.
Links to Resources: