The Veeam Cookbook Series
A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
Recipe: Performing File-Level Recovery
Files in the VM recovered at the time of backup state.
Time to complete: 10 minutes
- an Azure VM cloud-native snapshot or image-level backup
Before you start:
File-Level Recovery is not currently possible if Azure Disk Encryption is enabled.
You have an existing Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure deployment and backups of one or more Azure VMs with a supported file system.
- Open the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure webinterface.
- On the left menu click Protected Data and stay on the Virtual Machines tab.
- Select the VM where you want to recover files, click Restore on the top and select File-Level Recovery (FLR).
- In Virtual Machine you can click Change Restore Point to select a specific one, otherwise the latest will be used.
- In the Reason section, specify a reason for performing the restore operation. Proceed to review the summary information and click Start to close the wizard and open the recovery session.
- In the File-Level Recovery window, you can track the progress of the recovery session. When the process is complete, an URL to the File-Level Recovery Browser will be available. Click the link to open the browser on a new tab, or Copy URL to copy the address to be opened in another browser or machine.
- In the FLR Browser you can find files and folders of the backed-up VM. You can select multiple files and folders in a single scree and click Download to start immediate recovery, or you can add the items to a list by using the Add to Recovery List button. When done, click Pending Recovery, review the list and click Download.
- To stop the recovery session, close the Browser and go back to the File-Level Recovery window. Select the FLV session and click the Stop button.
Links to Resources: