A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
A manually created Azure SQL Backup, managed outside the backup policy.
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- An Azure SQL Database, and a backup repository.
Before you start:
A manually created backup is kept in your Microsoft Azure environment unless you remove it manually.
You have an existing Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure deployment.
- Open the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure webinterface.
- On the left menu click Resources and select the Azure SQL tab.
- Select the checkbox next to the Azure SQL Database and click Take Backup Now.
- The Wizard will open. Select the account to use to take the backup, then click Next.
- Click Choose backup repository and select the repository where the backup will be stored. Configure processing settings as described in the Creating Azure SQL Backup Policies recipe. Click Next when finished.
- Review the configuration information, select the Go to Sessions option to track the progress of backup creation and confirm by clicking Finish.
Links to Resources: