A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
A backup repository to store backups of Azure VMs.
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- An Azure Storage Account with a blob container
Before you start:
You can either add an existing folder for storing backup files or create a new one.
You have an existing Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure deployment.
- Open the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure webinterface.
- Click the Configuration button on the top right of the screen.
- On the left menu click Repositories and click Add.
- Specify a name and description for the Repository and click Next.
- Under Account select the Azure account to use, and on Location specify the storage account and the blob container. You can select an existing folder or create a new one: in this case, you also need to specify a tier option between Hot, Cool, Archive and Inferred. Click Next to proceed.
- For the existing folder you can enable Encryption, using a user defined password or an Azure Key Vault encryption key. Click Next when done.
- Review the configuration information, check the box if you want to go to the Session Log page and confirm by clicking Finish.
Links to Resources: