A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
A new backup job defining what items to back up, where to store them, and its schedule.
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- Access to Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 GUI using a browser
- A Microsoft 365 Organization
- A repository configured in VB365
- An existing proxy server
Before you start: You can choose to back up individual items, or just the whole organization.
Assumptions: You have an existing Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 installation.
- Open the Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 interface.
- Open the “Backup Infrastructure” view.
- Right click an organization and select “Add to backup job”.
- Enter a name and optional description for the backup job, and click “Next” to proceed.
- Select “Back up entire organization” or “Back up the following objects”. In the latter case, click “Add” and chooose between Users, Groups, Sites, Teams, or Organization.
- In the “Add Objects” window, select check boxes next to the items that you want to back up, then click “Add”.
- Back in the job window, for any item added you can click “Edit” and select processing options for the items to back up. Click “Next” to proceed.
- Click “Add” and select users, groups, sites, and teams that you do not want to back up, and click “Edit” for the processing options.
- Specify the backup proxy server that you want to use and the backup repository where you want to keep your backups. Click “Next” to proceed.
- Configure a schedule for the backup job and choose if you want to start the job at the end of the wizard, or you want to immediately configure a backup copy job.
- Click “Create” to end the job configuration.
Links to Resources: