A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
A new IBM Cloud object storage added to Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 backup infrastructure.
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- Access to Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 GUI using a browser
- An IBM Cloud object storage
- An existing proxy server
Before you start: Immutability can only be enabled for backup copies.
Assumptions: You have an existing Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 installation.
- Open the Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 interface.
- Open the “Backup Infrastructure” view.
- Right click “Object Storage” in the inventory pane and select “Add object storage”.
- Enter a name and optional description for the object storage repository, and click “Next” to proceed.
- Select “IBM Cloud Object Storage” as a storage type. Click “Next”.
- Specify the service point of the IBM Cloud object storage, the datacenter region. Click “Add” to provide your access and secret keys to connect to the IBM Cloud, or specify the account credentials in the drop-down list. Click “Next”.
- Select a bucket from the drop-down list, and a folder where you want to keep your data.
- Click “Finish” to end the object storage configuration.
Links to Resources: