A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
A new backup repository where backups are stored.
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- Access to Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 GUI using a browser
- Any supported storage technology
- An existing proxy server
Before you start: The storage type must be a local or directly attached storage, connected to a proxy server, or a SMB share.
Assumptions: You have an existing Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 installation.
- Open the Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 interface.
- Open the “Backup Infrastructure” view.
- Right click “Backup Repositories” in the inventory pane and select “Add backup repository”.
- Enter a name and optional description for the backup repository, and click “Next” to proceed.
- Select “Backup to local disk” as a target location. Click “Next”.
- Select a backup proxy server and specify the directory where you want to store backups. For SMB shares, specify the path manually. Click “Next”.
- Specify the retention policy, and choose beetween “Snapshot-based” and “Item-level” retention type. Click “Advanced” if you want to specify when to apply a retention policy between “Daily at” and “Monthly at”.
- Click “Finish” to end the repository configuration.
Links to Resources: