A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
A new AWS S3 object storage added to Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 backup infrastructure.
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- Access to Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 GUI using a browser
- An Amazon S3 object storage
- An existing proxy server
Before you start: Immutability can only be enabled for backup copies.
Assumptions: You have an existing Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 installation.
- Open the Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 interface.
- Open the “Backup Infrastructure” view.
- Right click “Object Storage” in the inventory pane and select “Add object storage”.
- Enter a name and optional description for the object storage repository, and click “Next” to proceed.
- Select “Amazon S3” as a storage type. Click “Next”.
- Choose “Amazon S3” for both backup and backup copy jobs, or “Amazon S3 Glacier” to store backup copies only. Click “Next”.
- Click “Add” to provide your access and secret keys to connect to the Amazon S3 storage bucket, or specify the account credentials in the drop-down list. Click “Next”.
- Specify the location of the Amazon bucket, then the bucket and folder where you want to keep your data. Click “Next”.
- If you selected Amazon S3 Glacier, choose the Storage Class between “Deep Archive”, “Instant Retrieval” and “Flexible Retrieval”. Click “Next”.
- Choose whether to enable the Amazon Archiver Appliance, and click “Customize” to specify instance type, VPC, Subnet and Security group.
- Click “Finish” to end the object storage configuration.
Links to Resources: