The Veeam Cookbook Series
A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
Recipe: Installing Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 Server and Veeam Explorers
A fully installed Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 server alongside with all available Veeam Explorers.
Time to complete: 20 minutes
- Server (Virtual or Physical) with minimum 8 CPU Cores, 16GB Ram, 500 MB of disk space for product installation and additional free space for the configuration database and product logs.
- Windows Server Operating system at least server Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, but we recommend Windows Server 2019. Core editions are supported.
- Local Administrative account access on your server for the installation process.
- Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 ISO file downloaded and on your target machine. You can download the most recent version form the Veeam website.
- Have your license file located within easy reach on the server you will be installing Veeam onto.
Before you start:
- The Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 Service must be started using the Local System account.
- After the installation, you cannot change the name of the Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 server or change domains of the server without resetting the configuration.
You have a paid or evaluation Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 license available for installation.
- Open the Veeam.Backup365.iso file and run the Veeam.Setup.exe file
- On the splash screen, click “Install”.
- On the next window, click “Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365”.
- At the License Agreement step, click the links to read the documents. If you accept the terms of these documents, click “I Accept” to continue the installation.
- At the System Configuration Check step, wait until the wizard checks the system configuration and the pre-requisites. You may be prompted to fix the issues to continue the installation.
- At the Data Location step, specify the installation folder (Default C:\Program Files\Veeam\Backup365 )
- Click Install.
- Wait for the installation process to complete and click Finish to exit the wizard.
Links to Resources:
- Veeam Software Product Download
- Veeam Guides and Helpcenter
- Veeam Community Forums
- Veeam Best Practices