A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
The configuration of the Restore Portal, needed to allow users to perform self-service restore.
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- Access to Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 GUI using a browser
Before you start: In this recipe, a new application in Azure Active Directory will be created automatically using a user account that has the Global Administrator role.
Assumptions: You have an existing Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 installation.
- Open the Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 interface.
- In the main menu, click “General Options” and open the “Restore Portal” tab.
- Select the “Enable Restore Portal” check box.
- Click “Configure”, select “Register a new Azure AD application automatically” and click “Next”.
- Select a Microsoft Azure region, enter a name that you want to use to register a new Azure AD application in your Azure Active Directory, and click “Install” to specify an SSL certificate (check the “Installing SSL Certificates” recipe for more information).
- Specify the web address of a machine with the Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 REST API component installed. Click “Next” to proceed.
- Log in to your Microsoft 365 organization: click “Copy code” to copy the authentication code and click the Microsoft authentication portal link. In the browser, paste the code that you have copied then sign in to Microsoft Azure.
- When done, return to the VB365 application and Click “Finish”.
Links to Resources: