A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
A Policy to create backups of Google Cloud SQL databases.
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- A Google Cloud SQL Database
- Google Cloud Storage Account configured as Backup Repository to protect Google Cloud SQL Instances.
- A Worker Configuration in the same region and availability zone where the protected VMs reside.
Before you start:
This Cookbook describes the most simple appoach to protect your Google Cloud SQL databases. The Review Estimated Cost will be available only if you have created a schedule for the backup policy at the Schedule step.
You have an existing Veeam Backup for Google Cloud deployment.
- Login the Veeam Backup for Google Cloud web interface.
- Navigate to Policies > Cloud SQL and Click in Add
- At the Policy Info step, enter a Name and Description for the new backup policy.
- At the Sources step:
- In the Project section, choose a project that manages resources that you want to protect.
- In the Regions section, click Choose regions to select the regions in which Cloud SQL instances that you want to protect reside.
- In the Resources section, click Choose resources to protect to select Cloud SQL instances that Veeam Backup for Google Cloud will back up. You can choose to protect all Cloud SQL instances, or a specific Cloud SQL instance.
- Click Next.
- At the Targets step set the Enable backups toggle to On:
- Click Choose repository to select a standard backup repository where the created image-level backups will be stored. Click Apply.
- Click Next.
- At the Schedule step you can instruct Veeam to start the backup policy automatically (Daily/Weekly/Monthly/Yearly) according to a specific backup schedule or leave the default for manual backup. Click Next.
- At the Processing Options step, leave the default option to use a staging server to perform backup. Click Next
- At the Settings step, you can enable automatic retries, schedule health checks and specify notification settings for the backup policy, otherwise leave the default and click Next
- At the Cost Estimation step, review the approximate monthly cost of Google Cloud services that Veeam will require to protect the Cloud SQL instances added to the backup policy. Click Next
- At the Summary step, review configuration information and click Finish.
Links to Resources: