A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
A new Worker configuration do deploy Worker instances in a specific Google Cloud Region to perform data protection and disaster recovery operations
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- Access to Veeam Backup for Google Cloud appliance using a browser
- A Google Cloud Project to deploy the worker instance. It could be either a dedicated Project for backup, or any of the other existing Projects.
- A VPC network and a subnet in the same región where Worker instances will be deployed.
- A route whose destination IP address range is 0.0.0.0/0 and whose next hop is the default internet gateway must exist for the selected VPC network.
- The selected subnet must have Private Google Access enabled.
- If you plan to back up Cloud SQL instances using a staging server, the selected VPC network must have private services access configured.
- A firewall rule allowing HTTPS traffic to all VM instances on the specified VPC network.
Before you start: You must have enough resource quotas allocated between your projects to deploy the number of worker instances required for a backup or restore process.
Assumptions: You have an existing Veeam Backup for Google Cloud deployment.
- Login the Veeam Backup for Google Cloud web interface.
- Switch to the “Configuration” page and navigate to “Workers > Network”. Click the link in the “Project” section, In the “Choose Project” window, select the necessary project and click Apply.
- Click Add in the Worker configurations section to launch the Add Worker Configuration wizard.
- At the Region step, select a region for new worker instances and an availability zone to provide network resources. Click Next.
- At the Network step
- Select a VPC network and a subnet to which you want to connect worker instances.
- Select a firewall rule that will be used to control traffic between resources in the specified VPC network.
- Click Next
- At the Summary step, review summary information and click Finish.
Links to Resources: