The Veeam Cookbook Series
A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
Recipe: Performing Google Cloud SQL Database Restore
An entire Google Cloud SQL database recovered at the time of backup state.
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- A Google Cloud SQL backup
- A Worker Configuration in the same region in which the repository with backed-up data is located.
- A Cloud SQL instance in the required project to host the restored database
Before you start: Veeam Backup for Google Cloud does not support restore to the original location if the source database is still present in the location.
You have an existing Veeam Backup for Google Cloud deployment, and backups of one or more Google Cloud SQL databases.
- Login the Veeam Backup for Google Cloud web interface.
- Navigate to Protected Data > Cloud SQL. Select the Cloud SQL instance whose databases you want to restore, and click Restore > Database Restore.
- At the Databases step, click Add to select databases to restore, and then choose a restore point that will be used to restore the selected databases (by default the most recent restore point). Click Next.
- At the Restore Mode step , choose whether you want to restore the selected databases to the original or to a custom location. If you choose to restore to the origial location, you can go directly to step 7 in this recipe.
- At the Project step, select a project where the restored databases will belong. Click Check Permissions to validate that the service account used has all the necessary permissions.
- At the Instance step, click the link in the Instance field to choose a Cloud SQL instance that will host the restored databases.
- At the Reason step, specify a reason for restoring the Cloud SQL databases. Click Next.
- At the Summary step, review summary information and click Finish.
Links to Resources: