A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
An entire Google Cloud SQL database recovered at the time of backup state.
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- A Google Cloud SQL backup
- A Worker Configuration in the same region in which the repository with backed-up data is located.
- A Cloud SQL instance in the required project to host the restored database
Before you start: Veeam Backup for Google Cloud does not support restore to the original location if the source database is still present in the location.
- Login the Veeam Backup for Google Cloud web interface.
- Navigate to Protected Data > Cloud SQL. Select the Cloud SQL instance whose databases you want to restore, and click Restore > Database Restore.
- At the Databases step, click Add to select databases to restore, and then choose a restore point that will be used to restore the selected databases (by default the most recent restore point). Click Next.
- At the Restore Mode step , choose whether you want to restore the selected databases to the original or to a custom location. If you choose to restore to the origial location, you can go directly to step 7 in this recipe.
- At the Project step, select a project where the restored databases will belong. Click Check Permissions to validate that the service account used has all the necessary permissions.
- At the Instance step, click the link in the Instance field to choose a Cloud SQL instance that will host the restored databases.
- At the Reason step, specify a reason for restoring the Cloud SQL databases. Click Next.
- At the Summary step, review summary information and click Finish.
Links to Resources: