A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
A Google Cloud VM recovered at the time of backup state to its original location.
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- A Google Cloud VM cloud-native snapshot or image-level backup
- A Worker Configuration in the same region and availability zone where VM will be restored, if restoring from an image-level backup.
- The original VM has been removed or its name has been changed.
Before you start:
You can restore one or more Google Cloud VMs at once, to the original or to a new location.
- Login the Veeam Backup for Google Cloud web interface.
- Navigate to Protected Data > VM. Select the VM instance that you want to restore, and click Restore > Instance Restore.
- At the Instances step, select a restore point that will be used to restore the selected VM instance (by default the most recent restore point). Click Next.
- At the Restore Mode step, choose to restore the selected VM instance to the original location. Click Next.
- At the Reason step, specify a reason for restoring the VM instance. Click Next.
- At the Summary step, review summary information. Optionally you can click the Power on target VM instances after restore check box to start the restored VM immediately after restore process completes. Click Finish.
Links to Resources: