A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
A Service Account with proper privileges for Data Protection tasks in Google Cloud Project.
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- The appliance public IP address or FQDN provided by Google Cloud.
- Access to Veeam Backup for Google Cloud using a browser.
- Default Administrator credentials
- A Google Cloud account with permissions both to get and set project IAM policies and to create custom IAM roles.
- The gcloud command-line tool.
Before you start:
Once you log in to Veeam for GCP appliance the first time You will immediately receive a warning notifying that the service account used to install Veeam Backup for Google Cloud does not have the permissions required to perform data protection tasks for the project specified during the product installation.
You have an existing Veeam Backup for Google Cloud deployment.
- Click the link in the notification area.
- In the “Edit Project” wizard, at the “Service Account” step, click “Generate and download script”.
- Run this script using the gcloud command-line tool to assign all the necessary permissions to the service account.
- At the Summary step of the wizard, review configuration information and click Finish to confirm the changes.
- Click “Check Permissions” to ensure that the account now has all the permissions required to perform data protection tasks for the project.
Links to Resources: