The Veeam Cookbook Series
A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
Recipe: Performing Entire Google Cloud VM Restore to a new location.
A Google Cloud VM recovered at the time of backup state to a new location.
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- A Google Cloud VM cloud-native snapshot or image-level backup
- A Worker Configuration in the same region and availability zone where VM will be restored, if restoring from an image-level backup.
Before you start:
You can restore one or more Google Cloud VMs at once, to the original or to a new location.
You have an existing Veeam Backup for Google Cloud deployment, and backups of one or more Google Cloud VMs.
- Login the Veeam Backup for Google Cloud web interface.
- Navigate to Protected Data > VM. Select the VM instance that you want to restore, and click Restore > Instance Restore.
- At the Instances step, select a restore point that will be used to restore the selected VM instance (by default the most recent restore point). Click Next.
- At the Restore Mode step, choose to restore the selected VM instance to a new location. Click Next.
- At the Project step, select a project where the restored VM instance will be created. Click Check Permissions to validate that the service account used has all the necessary permissions.
- At the Region step, select a region and an availability zone where the restored VM instance will operate.
- At the Encryption step, choose whether the restored VM will be encrypted with customer-managed encryption keys (CMEKs) or will keep the original encryption scheme (default).
- At the Instance Settings step, you can select each VM instance to be restored and click Edit if you want to change the VM name and/or the machine type.
- At the Network Settings step, select the VM instance to be restored and click Edit.
- Then select a VPC Network and a subnet to which the restored VM instance will be connected
- As an option you can choose to keep the same reserved static external IP address and the same network labels as the source VM instance.
- At the Reason step, specify a reason for restoring the VM instance. Click Next.
- At the Summary step, review summary information. Optionally you can click the Power on target VM instances after restore check box to start the restored VM immediately after restore process completes. Click Finish.
Links to Resources: