The Veeam Cookbook Series
A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
Recipe: Deployment of Veeam Backup for GCP appliance
A Veeam Backup for Google Cloud appliance deployed in Google Cloud and ready to use.
Time to complete: 15 minutes
- Internet access.
- A Google Cloud Project.
- A Google Cloud service account that has the Editor role granted.
- A VPC Network and subnet in the same region and zone where the Veeam for GCP appliance will be deployed.
- The VPC network and subnet must have outbound internet access to Google Cloud APIs.
- The VPC network and subnet must allow the inbound internet access (HTTPS) from a local machine that you plan to use to work with Veeam Backup for Google Cloud.
Before you start:
Make sure you have a Veeam Backup for Google Cloud license, either free or BYOL.
It’s assumed that you have access to Google Cloud Platform and enough privileges to deploy appliances from the Marketplace.
- Log in to Google Cloud Platform and go to Marketplace
- In the search field, enter “Veeam Backup for Google Cloud” and press enter.
- Click “Veeam Backup for Google Cloud” to open the product overview page. Click “Launch”
- On the “New Veeam Backup for Google Cloud” deployment page
- Select a project to deploy the Veeam for GCP appliance/VM
- In the “Deployment name” field, enter a name for the new Veeam Backup for Google Cloud deployment
- From the “Zone” drop-down list, select an availability zone in which the VM instance running Veeam Backup for GCP will reside.
- In the Machine type section specify the vCPU and Memory resources for Veeam for GCP appliance. Recommended: n1-standard-2 instance with 2 vCPUs and 7.5 GB RAM
- In the Disks section, specify the size of a boot disk for the appliance, and the size of an additional data disk where the application database and logs will be stored. Recommended to keep the default settings.
- In the Networking section, specify a VPC network and a subnet to connect the Veeam for GCP appliance.
- If there are no firewall rules that allow inbound HTTPS traffic in the specified network, you must select the “Allow HTTPS traffic from the internet” and specify the allowed source IP address ranges.
- Click Deploy to begin installation.
Links to Resources: