The Veeam Cookbook Series
A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
Recipe: Adding a Google Cloud Project
An additional Google Cloud Project enabled in Veeam for GCP to provide Data Protection
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- A Google Cloud project
- A Google Cloud service account with proper privileges in GCP.
Before you start:
For this recipe, you can either specify an existing Google Cloud service account or ask Veeam Backup for Google Cloud to provide a script to create a new Service account with proper privileges, using the gcloud command-line tool.
You have an existing Veeam Backup for Google Cloud deployment.
- Login the Veeam Backup for Google Cloud web interface.
- Switch to the Configuration page.
- Navigate to Permissions > Projects. Click in Add.
- At the “Project Info” step, specify the Google Cloud Project ID that manages the resources that you want to protect.
- Choose the data protection tasks that Veeam Backup for Google Cloud will be able to perform for the project or leave the default (all selected). Click Next.
- At the “Service Account” step, specify an existing Google Cloud Service Account with the required permissions to perform data protection tasks in this Project.
- Click “Check Permissions” to confirm the account has the required permissions in the Project.
- If the service account hasn’t been created yet, click in “Generate and download script” to create a gcloud script that you can run in your Google Cloud Console to create the account
- Click Next
- At the Summary step, review summary information and click Finish
Links to Resources: