The Veeam Cookbook Series
A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
Recipe: Restore with IVMR in the same location
A restored VMware virtual machine in the same location as the backuped source used to be.
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- At least one Restore Point of the virtual machines to be recovered.
Before you start:
With this procedure you will overwrite the status of exisiting virtual machines if they are still present the source environment.
You have a Veeam Backup and Replication server installed and configured. You have setup the related VMware environment in the Inventory of Veeam Backup and Replication.
- Open the Veeam Backup & Replication Console.
- Select Home on the bottom left menu.
- Select Restore -> VMware vSphere from the top menu.
- Select Restore from backup.
- Select Entire VM restore, then Instant recovery and Instant recovery to VMware vSphere.
- Select Add -> From backup… to open the selection of available backups.
- Choose the desired VM from on of the backup and click Add. Repeat this for multiple VMs. You can use the search bar below to find all backup jobs containing a certain VM.
- Select Next twice.
- If VMs to be restored are still present in the VMware environment review the list of VMs to be deleted and select OK if correct.
- Click Finish to start the recovery process.
Links to Resources: