A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
A Protection Group to add computers with pre-deployed agents to the inventory in the Veeam Backup & Replication console.
Time to complete: 10 minutes
- It is recommended that you include each computer in one protection group only. Adding computers to multiple protection groups with different computer discovery and Veeam Agent deployment settings will result in additional load on the backup server.
Before you start:
Make sure the operating system on the computers are supported by Veeam Agents.
It’s assumed that you already have a Veeam Backup Server fully working in your environment.
- Open the Inventory view. Click the Physical Infrastructure node in the inventory pane and click Add Group on the ribbon
- At the Name step, specify a name and description for the protection group. Click Next.
- At the Type step select the “Microsoft Active Directory objects” option.
- At the Package step, specify what setup files you want to obtain to deploy Veeam Agents. Veeam Backup & Replication will export the specified setup files to the specified folder. Then, you must use these setup files to deploy Veeam Agents on computers you plan to protect
- In the Export path field, click Browse. In the Select Folder window, specify a path to the folder to which Veeam will export Veeam Agent setup files.
- In the Agent installation packages to export field, select setup files depending on the type of the OS that runs on computers you plan to add to the protection group.
- At the Apply step, Veeam will create the configured protection group. Wait for the operation to complete and click Next to continue.
- At the Summary step, complete the protection group configuration process. If you want to perform computer discovery later, you can clear the Run discovery when I click Finish check box. Click Finish to close the wizard
Links to Resources: