A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
A file share published as a read-only SMB file share to enable users to instantly access all protected files.
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- Instant file share recovery is supported for SMB file shares only.
- At least one restore point must be available for the file share using a NAS Backup Job
Before you start:
File shares recovered with instant recovery are available in the read-only mode.
It’s assumed that you already have a Veeam Backup Server fully working in your environment.
- Open the Home view. In the inventory pane, select Backups. In the working area, expand the necessary backup, right-click the file share that you want to restore and select Instant file share recovery.
- At the File Shares step, select the file share for which you want to perform instant recovery.
- If you needed, you can click in “Point” to select a different restore point. Click Next.
- At the Mount Servers step, specify mount server settings for published file shares.
- By default Veeam will select the mount server automatically.
- If you select the Manual selection option, you can specify which mount server to use to individually publish each file share.
- If Veeam detects missing security descriptors on the file share, it adds the Access Permissions step to the wizard. At this step you can specify the owner account and permissions for the file share.
- From the File shares list, select a file share.
- Click “Set Owner” and specify the owner account for the file share.
- Click “Permissions” and configure access permissions for the file share. Default is “Allow to everyone”.
- At the Reason step, specify the reason for performing instant file share recovery.
- At the Summary step, review the instant file share recovery settings and click Finish. Veeam will publish the file share to the specified mount servers.
Links to Resources: