A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
A Veeam Backup & Replication Amazon S3 Repository where Veeam keeps backup files and VM copies.
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- An AWS account.
- A S3 bucket
You have a Veeam Backup and Replication server installed.
- Open the Veeam Backup & Replication Console.
- Select Backup Infrastructure on the bottom left menu.
- Right click Backup Repositories and choose “Add Backup Repository”.
- Select “Object Storage” and “Amazon S3”.
- Select the storage type between “Amazon S3 Storage”, “Amazon S3 Glacier Storage” and “AWS Snowball Edge Storage”.
- Give a name and description to the repository, change the number of concurrent tasks if needed (not available for Glacier Storage) and click Next.
- Specify an Object Storage Account:
- For S3 Storage and Glacier Storage choose Credentials and AWS Region.
- For Snowball Edge Storage fill in the Service point, Region and Credentials fields.
- Specify Settings:
- For S3 Storage select a region and bucket from the drop-down list, and a folder to which you want to map your object storage repository. You can also define a disk soft limit not to be exceeded, make backups immutable for a set time and use Infrequent access for long term backups.
- For Glacier Storage select Datacenter, Bucket and folder. You can also check boxes to make backups immutable and to use Deep Archive storage class.
- For Snowball Edge Storage select the bucket and the folder, and you can also define a disk soft limit not to be exceeded.
- Click Apply when finished.
- After the configuration is completed, click Finish and the Amazon S3 repository is ready to use.
Links to Resources: