The Veeam Cookbook Series
A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
Recipe: Configuration Migration
Migrate VBR Configuration from existing VBR server to a new one.
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- Existing Veeam Backup and Replication Server (“Old VBR Server”).
- New Veeam Backup and Replication server (“New VBR Server”).
Before you start:
Migration process will require a backup of the Old VBR server’s configuration, a copy of the file to the new server, and a reload of the configuration into the New VBR Server.
You have network connectivity or external medium to copy the file to the new server.
- Proceed with configuration backup on Old VBR Server as described in VBR Configuration Backup (One-Time) and copy the backup file to the New VBR Server
- Click Main Menu button and select Configuration Backup.
- Click the Restore button, select Migrate.
- Select “This Server”, browse and select your backup file, click OK, then click Analyse.
- Check information, click next if valid, cancel to abort, previous to select another file and go back to previous step.
- Enter password if required, select database, confirm overwriting and click next.
- Review restore options and confirm, provide new credentials if needed, click Start.
- Review restore summary and re-lauch VBR interface.
Links to Resources: