The Veeam Cookbook Series
A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
Recipe: Add a New Repository ExaGrid Appliance
A Veeam Backup & Replication ExaGrid Repository where Veeam keeps backup files, VM copies and metadata for replicated VMs.
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- A ExaGrid appliance working over TCP/IP.
Before you start:
You have a Veeam Backup and Replication server installed.
- Open the Veeam Backup & Replication Console.
- Select Backup Infrastructure on the bottom left menu.
- Right click Backup Repositories and choose “Add Backup Repository”.
- Select “Deduplicating Storage Appliance” and “ExaGrid”.
- Give a name to the repository and click Next.
- Choose a Repository Server or create a new one, then click Populate to show the list of available paths. Select then click Next.
- Review that the path is correct, change the number of concurrent tasks or limit the data rate if necessary and click Advanced to check the available options. When finished, click OK on the Storage Compatibility Settings and Next on the main screen.
- Confirm or change the mount server settings.
- Review the settings and confirm by clicking Apply. If you’re adding a repository with existing backups, flag the setting to import them automatically.
- After installation and registration is completed, click Finish and the ExaGrid repository is ready to use.
Links to Resources: