A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
A new Microsoft Azure Storage Account to connect External Repositores based on Microsoft Azure Blob storage or connect an Object Storage Repository for Capacity/Archive Tier.
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- Azure Storage Account. General-purpose V2 or BlobStorage account type.
Before you start:
Make sure the user whose credentials you plan to use have proper privileges to interact with Azure Storage resources.
It’s assumed that you already have a Veeam Backup Server fully working in your environment. If you need to install Veeam Backup Server, please refer to Installing Veeam Backup & Replication All-In-One Base system Recipe.
- Open the Veeam Backup & Replication Console.
- From the main menu, select Manage Cloud Credentials.
- Click Add > Microsoft Azure storage account.
- In the Account field, enter the storage account name.
- In the Shared key field, enter the storage account shared key. To view the entered key, click and hold the eye icon on the right of the field.
- In the Description field, enter a description for the created credentials record.
- Click OK to complete the process.
Links to Resources: