The Veeam Cookbook Series
A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
Recipe: Create a New Application Group
A Veeam Backup & Replication Application Group which contains one or several VMs on which the VM to be verified is dependent.
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- A valid license for Enterprise edition of Veeam Backup & Replication.
Before you start:
The applications and services on which verified VMs are dependent must all be virtualized.
You have a Veeam Backup and Replication server installed.
- Open the Veeam Backup & Replication Console.
- Select Backup Infrastructure on the bottom left menu.
- Right click SureBackup and choose Add App Group > VMware.
- Give a name to the application group and click Next.
- Click Add VM to add VMs from backups, storage snapshots or VM replicas.
- In the Verification Options, select a role that the VM performs, configure the startup settings, select the tests that must be performed for the VM, and specify credentials for running the verification script. Click OK, then Next on the main screen.
- Review the details and click Finish to save the application group settings and close the wizard.
Links to Resources: