A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
Restore VBR Configuration from existing configuration backup.
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- Veeam Backup and Replication server.
- Configuration Backup file.
- Current credentials in case they were changed since backup was run.
Before you start:
Configuration restore will replace existing VBR server configuration. This operation cannot be cancelled, consider running a manual backup of your configuration prior configuration restore. See VBR Configuration Backup (One-Time)
You have a Veeam Backup and Replication server installed and a configuration file by hand. Ensure no jobs are running that cannot be stopped. If jobs are running you will have the option to stop them at step 9.
- Open the Veeam Backup and Replication console.
- Click Main Menu button and select Configuration Backup.
- Click the Restore button
- Select Restore. Migrate would restore infrastructure data from backup file and should be used only if migrating to a new VBR server.
- Select repository or “This Server” if backup file was copied manually to VBR server.
- Browse and select your backup file, click OK, click Analyse.
- Check information, click next if valid, cancel to abort, previous to select another file and go back to step 5.
- Enter password if required, select database, confirm overwriting and click next.
- Review restore options and confirm, provide new credentials if needed, click Start.
- Review restore summary and re-lauch VBR interface.
Links to Resources: