A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
The addition of imported backup data in the Veeam Backup and Replication console, ready to be restored if necessary.
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- A server on which the backup is stored.
Before you start:
You can import backups created by a newer version of Veeam Backup & Replication, however, restore operations for this backup will not be available. The server from which you plan to import backups must be added to the backup infrastructure. Otherwise you will not be able to access backup files. You cannot import a backup directly from the scale-out backup repository. Rescan the repository instead.
You have a Veeam Backup and Replication server installed.
- Open the Veeam Backup & Replication Console.
- Click Import Backup.
- From the Computer list, select the server on which the backup you want to import is stored.
- Click Browse and select the necessary VBM or VBK file.
- If you want to import index data, select the Import guest file system index check box.
- Click OK to import the backup. The imported backup will be displayed in the Home view, under the Backups > Imported node in the inventory pane.
- If the backup is encrypted, right-click the imported backup under the Backups > Disk (encrypted) and select Specify password. In the Password field, enter the password for the backup file and it will be decrypted. The backup will be moved under the Backups > Disk (Imported) node in the inventory pane.
Links to Resources: