A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
A Veeam Backup & Replication HPE StoreOnce Repository where Veeam keeps backup files, VM copies and metadata for replicated VMs.
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- A HPE StoreOnce working over TCP/IP or Fibre Channel protocol with valid Catalyst Store configuration
Before you start:
You can create the bucket beforehand, or create it during the procedure. For Azure Data Box follow the documentation to configure the name resolutions and install SSL Certificate.
You have a Veeam Backup and Replication server installed.
- Open the Veeam Backup & Replication Console.
- Select Backup Infrastructure on the bottom left menu.
- Right click Backup Repositories and choose “Add Backup Repository”.
- Select “Deduplicating Storage Appliance” and “HPE StoreOnce”.
- Give a name to the repository and click Next.
- Type in the SO server name, check the flag if using FC connectivity and add or select the credentials to access the appliance. If you’re using the SO over WAN check the flag, then click Next.
- Select the Catalyst Store that will be used as repository, change the number of concurrent tasks or limit the data rate if necessary and click Advanced to check the available options. When finished, click OK on the Storage Compatibility Settings and Next on the main screen.
- Confirm or change the mount server settings.
- Review the settings and confirm by clicking Apply. If you’re adding a repository with existing backups, flag the setting to import them automatically.
- After installation and registration is completed, click Finish and the HPE StoreOnce repository is ready to use.
Links to Resources: