The Veeam Cookbook Series
A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
Recipe: Migrating VMware VMs recovered with Instant VM Recovery to Production
A Virtual Machine fully migrated to Production in VMware after being recovered with Instant VM Recovery.
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- A Virtual Machine must have been recovered successfully in VMware using Instant VM Recovery
Before you start:
The version of the target host on which the VM is restored must be the same or later than the version of the source host where the original VM was registered
It’s assumed that you already have a Veeam Backup Server fully working in your environment.
- Open the Home view.
- In the inventory pane, select the Instant Recovery node.
- In the working area, right-click a VM and select Migrate to production. Veeam Backup & Replication will launch the Quick Migration wizard
- At the Destination step of the wizard, select the destination to which the selected VMs must be relocated .
- Choose next to the Host or cluster field and select an ESXi host or cluster where the relocated VM must be registered.
- Choose next to the Resource pool field and select the target resource pool.
- Choose and select the folder.
- Choose and select the datastore
- At the Transfer step of the wizard, click Choose next to the Source proxy and Target proxy fields to select backup proxies for migration.
- If you do not want to use VMware Storage vMotion for migration, select the “Force Veeam transport usage” check box. Veeam will use its native migration mechanism.
- At the Ready step of the wizard, review details and click Finish.
Links to Resources: