The Veeam Cookbook Series
A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
Recipe: SOBR - Switching to Seal Mode
A deactivated extend of the Scale-Out Backup Repository that restricts any further data saving and allows only read operations such as restore, merge and remove.
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- An existing Scale-Out Backup Repository with more than 1 extent
Before you start:
If you put a performance extent in maintenance mode, it will override seal mode.
You have a Veeam Backup and Replication server installed.
- Open the Veeam Backup & Replication Console.
- Select Backup Infrastructure on the bottom left menu.
- Select the scale-out backup repository under Scale-out Repositories.
- Right-click the performance extent and select Seal mode.
- To remove the extent from the seal mode, right-click the extent and select Seal mode once again.
Links to Resources: