A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
Select a virtual machine from backups to have it restored, or restore files or objects from its backup or production snapshot.
Time to complete: a few seconds
- Veeam Backup and Replication server.
Before you start:
Knowing the backup jobs or snapshots that protect the VM you intend to search for will help in choosing the most appropriate source.
You have backups of the VM you want to work with in the backups inventory, either on repositories or imported disks, or you have registered production storage snapshot of the vSphere datastore where the production VM resides
- Open the Veeam Backup and Replication console.
- In the lower left pane, select Home, then in the upper left pane select Backups
- If you know more precisely where your VM backup or datastore snapshot resides, you can navigate to the corresponding element.
- In the Search Box ontop of the right pane, enter the name (or part of it) of the VM you wish to work with.
- A list of corresponding VMs is displayed where you can select the one you want.
Links to Resources: