The Veeam Cookbook Series
A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
Recipe: NAS restore of entire file share
- Restore of an entire SMB or NFS file share
Time to complete: 5-30 minutes
- Note times will vary depending on the size of the data being restored
- A backup of NAS using Veeam NAS backup
- It is assumed that you already have a Veeam Backup Server fully working in your environment.
- If you need to install Veeam Backup Server, please refer to “Installing Veeam Backup & Replication All-In-One Base system” recipe.
Before you start
- Ensure that you have sufficient file systems space to allow for restore of the backup
- Ensure that you have specified required ACL handling settings for the root folder before restoring.
- Open the Veeam Backup & Replication Console.
- Open the Backup Home View
- Select Backups > backup that holds the share that requires restore
- Either select “Entire Share” from the top ribbon or right-click backup and select the same.
- In the wizard press “Add” and select the share(s) that require restore (next)
- Select either “Original Location” or “This server” the specify a new server and path (next)
- Select restore options
- Select Finish to start the restore
Links to Resources: