A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
A Veeam Backup & Replication Scale-Out Repository with additional extent and capacity.
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- An existing Scale-Out Backup Repository
- A standard backup repository to add as performance extent of the Scale-Out Backup Repository
Before you start:
After you add a backup repository to the scale-out backup repository as a performance extent, you will not be able to use it as an individual backup repository.
You have a Veeam Backup and Replication server installed.
- Open the Veeam Backup & Replication Console.
- Select Backup Infrastructure on the bottom left menu.
- Select Scale-out Repositories, right-click the backup repository to extend and select Properties.
- Jump to the Performance tier step of the wizard.
- Click Add and select the check box next to the backup repository that you want to add as a performance extent to the scale-out backup repository..
- If the backup repository that you are adding is already used by jobs, a prompt asking to update the link to the backup repository in the job properties will appear. Click Yes to update the link and target the jobs and backups at the scale-out backup repository.
- Pass through the next wizard steps and finish working with the wizard.
Links to Resources: