A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
Roll back all the changes made to a File Share to a specific Point in Time.
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- At least one restore point must be available for the file share using a NAS Backup Job
- You can also roll back the file share to a point in time by using a backup copy.
Before you start:
Rolling Back to a Point in Time could be useful when the original file share was attacked by ransomware.
It’s assumed that you already have a Veeam Backup Server fully working in your environment.
- Open the Home view. In the inventory pane, select Backups. In the working area, expand the necessary backup and right-click the file share backup whose files you want to restore and select “Restore > Rollback to a point in time”.
- At the File Shares step of the wizard, select the file share, whose files you want to roll back.
- In the “File shares” table, select the file share to select a restore point to rollback to. Click Point.
- In the “Select Restore Point” window, select the restore point to which you want to roll back the files.
- At the Summary step of the wizard, review the file share restore settings and click Finish. Veeam will restore the files to the specified point in time.
Links to Resources: