A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
A restored VMware virtual machine in a new location or with a new name.
Time to complete: 8 minutes
- At least one Restore Point of the virtual machines from which the virtual disk should be recovered.
Before you start: With this procedure you will recover a VMware virtual disk to the source or different virtual machine.
Assumptions: You have a Veeam Backup and Replication server installed and configured. You have setup the related VMware environment in the Inventory of Veeam Backup and Replication.
- Open the Veeam Backup & Replication Console.
- Select Home on the bottom left menu.
- Select Restore -> VMware vSphere from the top menu.
- Select Restore from backup, then Disk restore, then Vitual disks restore.
- Select the disired virtual machine from a backup job and click Next.
- Select an available restore point and click Next.
- If you wish to map the virtual disk to a different virtual machine, click Choose and select the virtual machine from the tree view. Then click OK
- Select the desired virtual disks in the disk mapping field und review the restored disk type, then click Next.
- Carefully read the warning that existing disks will be deleted and replaced. Click Yes.
- Enter a restore reason and click Next, than Finish
- View the Restore session log and click Close once the restore is completed.
Links to Resources: