A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
vCloud Director added to Veeam infrastructure, which enables to work with its vApps and VMs.
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- A vCloud Director infrastructure with one or more vCenters
- An account that has vCloud Director administrative permissions is required.
- Proper communication between Veeam Backup Server and vCloud Director Server, and vCenter Servers that manages vCloud Director VMs.
Before you start:
There is no need of downloading or manually deploying any piece of Veeam software before proceeding with this recipe.
Assumptions: It’s assumed that you already have a Veeam Backup Server fully working in your environment. If you need to install Veeam Backup Server, please refer to “Installing Veeam Backup & Replication All-In-One Base system” recipe.
- Open the Veeam Backup & Replication Console.
- Open the Backup Infrastructure view. In the inventory pane, select the Managed Servers node and click Add Server on the ribbon or right-click the Managed Servers node and select Add Server. In the Add Server window, click VMware vSphere > vCloud Director.
- At the Name step of the wizard, specify an address (Full DNS Name or IP Address), an URL and description for the vCloud Director server. Click Next.
- From the Credentials list, select credentials for the account that has system administrator privileges on vCloud Director. Click Next.
- From the vCenter Servers list, specify credentials for every vCenter Server added to vCloud Director. Select a vCenter from the list, click Account on the right and select credentials to connect to the vCenter Server. If necessary, you can change the connection port for the vCenter Server by clicking vCenter on the right.
- At the vCenter Servers step, click in Apply to continue. If the certificate installed on the server is not trusted, Veeam Backup & Replication displays a warning. If you trust the server, click Continue.
- Repeat the steps for all vCenter Servers added to vCloud Director.
- At the Apply step of the wizard, review details of the added vCloud Director vCenters. Then click Next, and then click Finish to exit the wizard.
Links to Resources: