A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
A new Google Cloud Account to connect External Repositores based on Google Cloud Storage or connect an Object Storage Repository for Capacity/Archive Tier.
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- GCP User Credentials using the Hash-based Message Authentication Code (HMAC) key associated with the Google Cloud account.
Before you start:
Make sure the user whose credentials you plan to use have proper privileges to interact with GCP Storage resources.
It’s assumed that you already have a Veeam Backup Server fully working in your environment. If you need to install Veeam Backup Server, please refer to Installing Veeam Backup & Replication All-In-One Base system Recipe.
- Open the Veeam Backup & Replication Console.
- From the main menu, select Manage Cloud Credentials.
- Click Add > Google Cloud access key.
- In the Access Key and Secret key fields, specify the Hash-based Message Authentication Code (HMAC) key associated with the Google Cloud account. To view the entered secret key, click and hold the eye icon on the right of the field.
- In the Description field, enter a description for the created credentials record.
- Click OK to complete the process.
Links to Resources: